Code of Practice
The telecoms industry is strictly regulated and we have a detailed Code of Practice licensed by The Federation of Communication Services Limited, Licence number 001696.
Our primary commitments are:
- To use plain English – we will ensure that all information is simple and easy to understand, preventing mis-selling through technical information and misunderstanding.
- Best practice – our team are recruited and trained based on delivering market leading customer value, respect and fair treatment.
- Fault reporting calls may be recorded to ensure full evidence to protect our clients should there be any need to escalate an issue to the appropriate head of department.
- Sales and Marketing -we approach customers via a wide range of methods, however, regardless of the way in which our sales and marketing activities are conducted, we undertake to act responsibly and in compliance with ‘our code’ at all times and ensuring compliance with the Advertising Standards Agency.
- Customer contact – we will respect privacy and act in a non-intrusive manner.
- Our administration will be clear so that customers have full understanding of their undertaking.
- Cooling off and cancellation terms will be highlighted and fully explained at the outset.
- Customer complaint handling will be rigorous and handled in accordance with best practice.
- Service reliability will be optimised at all times and we will monitor our service provision constantly.
- Customer with disabilities – in consultation with the Consumer Panel, we will ensure that the requirements and interests of disabled customers are fully taken into account in the development and provision of services.
- Call metering and charges – will ensure that billing reflects accurate use of services.
For full details, please refer to our website www.merlin-telecom.co.uk or contact us on 0800 877 8810 to request a full copy of our terms & conditions.